This section will be updated – we are developing forms to use for your application.
Current research plans – provide a brief description of current research plans and general research interests. If you have published the results of your research or presented them at professional meetings include this information here as well (maximum 2500 characters).
Background – include the following information: current academic status and institutional affiliation, degrees earned stating the study program, university and year of graduation, a brief list of relevant classes and workshops taken, self-assessment of proficiency in statistical methods and programming in R and other environments, ability to communicate in English (maximum 2000 characters including spaces).
Motivation – explain why the topics addressed by the workshop are of special interest to you and to what extent these subjects are taught at your current academic institution (maximum 1000 characters including spaces).
Logistical Assistance – tell us about any other issues with which you may need assistance (e.g., entry visa to Germany, disabilities, etc.) (maximum 1000 characters including spaces).
What do we need?
- You will need to submit: ↪ student application form (in prep)
- Your supervisor needs to submit a ↪ recommendation letter (form in prep)
- Indicate the name and email address of the academic advisor who will provide the letter in your mail or application.
- A recommendation letter must be provided by the applicant’s academic advisor and sent separately.
- Obtaining a recommendation from anyone who is not your advisor must be explained.
- Recommendation letters should give details about the applicant’s abilities, projects and career.
- In the letter, make sure that it is written professionally, neutrally and without influence of the gender of the applicant.
Some hints in advance:
- If you plan to apply take care that you register for your visa application in time; invitations will be sent out 3-4 months before the course starts
- If you need external funding, please also take a look of what is available for you and prep your application for funding agencies in time
We will be changing the selection process for our upcoming summer school as we encountered a strong bias we want to eliminate creating a fair process for applicants.
Details and an explanation will follow soon.